Who We Are
A Storied Tradition of Setting the Trend
From our firm’s inception in 1982 by Daniel A. Boeckermann and Brad E. Mayer, to its eventual merger with James A. Graftstrom a decade later, all the way to the present day, BGM has been fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit throughout every era of our history.
We’ve understood from day one that, in order to provide an unmatched level of service, our firm would need to match the energy of our clients’ persistent pursuit of innovation and growth. To this end, we’ve continually committed ourselves to setting the trend in relational service, smart solutions, and future focused strategy.
From the creation of our wealth management group, to the founding of a dedicated trusts division, to acquisitions of highly specialized firms in the areas of cannabis, technology, and beyond; we’ve spent decades of careful building to bring together One BGM as a full service financial solutions source able to address the needs of today and prepare for the challenges and goals of tomorrow.
So whether it’s in the form of audit, assurance, accounting, advising, or any other of the specialized services we provide, advancing the growth and goals of those we serve has always been, and will always be, the central thread throughout the story of our firm.
Our Values Guide Everything We Do
- Maintain confidentiality and work to earn trust
- Take ownership and honor commitments
- Always do what’s right and own and correct mistakes when made
- Speak our truth, say yes when we can, and say no when we cannot
- Listen actively and find solutions
- Work from a collaboration mindset, setting aside personal agendas for the greater good
- Bring a positive attitude to all those we encounter
- Empower each other to solve problems on the spot
- Embrace change as a stimulant to learn, develop and grow
- Take personal risks to learn and encourage the same in others
- Facilitate the change all clients go through in our relationship with them
- Create an environment where learning is playful and fun
- Challenge the way we work to make it more efficient, effective and valuable
- Proactively generate and pursue new ideas
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and innovate with co-workers for the betterment of the client and our business
- Create new services to provide added value to current clients
- Be flexible and adaptable, striving for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Focus on how to make the client’s day
- Assume the other person has the best intentions
- Be there to support and help others, even when it is not personally convenient
- Provide timely, world-class-quality advice
- Anticipate the next question to be asked and answer it before it is asked
- Do what we say we will do, on time
- Approach solutions from the perspective of the best interest for the client and of the people we work with