How We Help
BGM can be an instrumental partner in developing a comprehensive tax strategy that maximizes your profitability and cash flow, regardless of your entity type. Our professionals have significant tax planning experience in a wide range of industries. We will thoroughly review your financial position, develop the most effective and beneficial tax strategy, and partner with you to provide year-long guidance to help attain your goals. With a dedication to exceeding your expectations, our team members consistently provide client service of the highest quality.
We provide a full range of business tax services, including:
- Business acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations, and terminations
- Business formation and structure
- Cash flow management
- Consolidated tax returns
- Deferred compensation
- Entity selection
- Federal, state, and local tax reporting
- Multi-state tax returns
- Representation before federal and state tax authorities
- Research and development tax credit studies and analysis
BGM can assist you with business decisions on foreign transactions and reporting to help make your national or international business operations a success. BGM is a member of MGI Worldwide, a Top 20 international accounting network of independent audit, tax, and accounting firms, which combines the expertise of more than 6,000 professionals in over 300 locations throughout North America and around the world. MGI Worldwide greatly expands our national and international client service capabilities and enables us to keep abreast of important new accounting, audit, tax, and advisory developments.BGM’s membership in MGI allows us to seamlessly provide national and international service, resources, and support to our valued clients. Through MGI Worldwide, BGM has established relationships with professionals who we know and trust in all corners of the globe. MGI member firms are recognized in their communities as providers of the highest quality service and for their professional commitment and integrity. Each member firm is locally owned, and can provide a local perspective on many issues that confront entrepreneurs.
Our membership in MGI has assisted our clients in many areas, including:
- Foreign tax credits
- Foreign tax filings
- Joint ventures
- Recruiting assistance and legal and banking contacts
- Structuring repatriation
- Tax equalizations and tax incentives
We offer a complimentary initial consultation to discuss your needs. Reach out to learn more or schedule a meeting to get started.
At BGM, we understand the importance of planning for the accumulation, conservation, and enjoyment of your property and assets during your lifetime. We also realize the importance of planning for the distribution of your estate following death.
Our estate planning process focuses on wealth management and preservation, minimizing your tax liabilities, and the interrelationship of estate, fiduciary, and personal taxes. Working with our experienced estate and trust professionals, you will receive personalized service and value-added solutions that culminate in a plan that is tailored to you and your goals.
We provide a full range of estate planning, trust, and wealth management services, including:
- Assistance in communicating and discussing your plan with your family
- Assistance to a surviving spouse or other heirs
- Development of a lifetime gift program
- Estimation of estate taxes under current estate plans
- Identification of family objectives and needs regarding wealth preservation
- Preparation of estate and trust income tax returns
- Preparation of federal estate tax returns
- Review of current wills, trust instruments, and schedules of assets
- Strategic alternatives to current estate plans and calculation of potential tax savings
- Valuation of privately-held investments
BGM offers a full range of state and local tax services to meet your needs. In addition to ensuring compliance with existing tax laws, we can aggressively identify and pursue refund opportunities for prior periods, as well as, tax minimization strategies.
Our state and local tax solutions include:
- Apportionment and allocation review
- Compliance requirements
- Entity structuring
- Nexus requirements and planning
- Property tax compliance
- Sales, use, and local tax review
- State and local tax incentives
- Strategies to minimize taxes for multi-state operations
- Tax planning
- Transaction structuring
- Unitary taxation